Thursday, February 25, 2010

First Day Jitters

Yesterday was my first day at my internship! I left the house around 8:15 to begin my day! California is known as a hands free state meaning that you can not talk on your cell phone while driving unless you have one of those ear piece things (which I up until now always kind of made fun of people wearing those...now I am one of those people). So I driving along not even to the interstate yet and in typical Kelsey fashion I dropped the ear piece in my morning Dr.Pepper drink...so that's how my day started! Traffic wasn't to bad so when I got down town I had just enough time to park, organize my things, and head up to the 9th floor to the showroom! As I walked into the showroom a very bouncy Dave greated me. He began to show me around the showroom and work area as he calls the second room attached to the main showroom. The work area was something I would love to play in one day when he is gone. It consists of a large desk and all around are just boxes and containers full of fabric, trim, notations, buttons, etc. It was cool. So we began the day by making a To Do List ( I loooove to do lists). This list included pulling items for a designer and a wedding party that we have appointments for later this week! We also did random things such as organizing and tagging items...basic up keep things. For school purposes I have to have a "project" and so we discussed that I put together a fashion show down in Orange County. This Company does fashion shows and trunk shows alot but they have a large client basis in Orange County which is a bit of a drive so some people and vendors thought it would be nice to put a show together down there they just have not had time to do this so that's where I come in! I'm super excited to plan this show I think its going to be awesome. I will also get to attend some shows while I am here that are for stylists to come and pick out things for their clients. Next on our agenda for the day was to pull clothing for the AMC show Mad Men. This show has won a total of 38 Emmy's I believe and we do the wardrobe for it. If you are not familiar with the show it is set back in the 1930's and progresses forward over the years. So pulling clothing for various characters was really cool! So all in all my day was long but very exciting! I'm so blessed to be able to have this chance to do this! No pictures for today but soon! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: